I learned some things this weekend:
1. If you're playing the Patriots, mistakes will cost you the game.
2. The Pats are as good as advertised.
3. When the difference between the two teams is as razor thin as between the Colts and Pats, missing a starting lineman and your best receiver is a big handicap.
4. Tom Brady is a helluva quarterback with top-notch receivers.
With all that, the Colts very easily could have won this game. Make no mistake, the AFC championship is going to go through New England barring an epic collapse in the second half of the regular season, but the Colts will be all right, I think. The Colts can't afford a letdown in the second half as the Titans are only a game behind and the Colts' schedule is tough the rest of the way. The AFC East is the lousiest division in the AFC, the Pats are in the catbird seat and should win it going away while the Colts will be in a dogfight.
5. Sean Salisbury isn't the most prescient analyst in the world.
6. Neither am I.
Labels: Colts, football, sports