Wednesday, October 29, 2008

 

The official end of summer...

****
Just finished a salad with the last of the vine-ripened tomatoes from the garden. I have about 3 pounds of tomatoes that I rescued from the freeze and in various shades of green ripening in the house, but it's just not the same.

Fall is my favorite time of year, elections notwithstanding, but it's bittersweet.

****
Wife had to teach today. That means I got to cook up a small school of whitefish. Mrs. Hoosiertoo hates seafood in general, so the only times I get seafood is when we go out - or when she leaves me alone.

Today it was unbreaded whitefish fillets cooked in butter with salt, pepper, garlic and a lot of parsley. Yum! The house reeks of fish; I'm going to catch it when she gets home.

I'll be at work. Heh...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]