Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

You guys are kidding, right? Right?

****
Scant weeks ago, I was contemplating the coming agony of living under the rule of the Reptilian Overlordess. What could be worse than four years of Hillary Clinton?

I think I've found the answer. Thanks to Mark Shea - I think.

Just when you think it couldn't get any weirder - we get the new Messiah!?


"A quantum leap in American consciousness" -- Deepak Chopra

Seriously?


"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century." -- Gary Hart

Hyperbole much?


"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence." -- Eve Konstantine

Do they teach that in physics?


"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament."

"I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event." -- Chris Matthews


The New Testament. I believe he's finally lost his mind. The second quote reminds me of a Lucinda Williams song. It's just wrong.


"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time." -- Toni Morrison

I'm waiting for him to split a baby between two welfare queens.


"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."-- Ezra Klein

Excuse me, I need to go wash my mind out with soap.


"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind." -- Gerald Campbell

All I really wanted was a tax cut and the dismantling of a government agency or two, thanks.


"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth." -- Oprah Winfrey

Just - I have no words.


“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan." -- Bill Rush

Well, so much for the separation of church and state.

I think I'll be voting third party in the general election again. I've pretty much decided that Democratics and Republican are Harry and Lloyd in the collective. Good Lord.

I have decided to declare for the Democratics in the Indiana primary* though, so I can vote for the Lizard Queen over the Son of God. I didn't think there would ever be anything that could make me vote for that woman.

I was wrong.

*Or not...I might be fudging the truth for rhetorical purposes.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]