Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 

Sometimes the good guys lose...

****
Going south to the city of Frankfort, Incumbent Republican Don Stock lost by about 100 votes to Independent Chris Pippenger. Pippenger received 1164 votes. 1067 people voted for Stock. - wlfi.com

As a non-resident of Frankfort, I really didn't have a dog in the hunt for mayor, but I have to say that I think the city of Frankfort made a mistake by not re-electing Don Stock. I consider Don a friend, and have been privileged to teach CCD with him on Sundays and to play Devil's advocate in discussions concerning the many issues facing Frankfort.

I have seen Mayor Stock grow as a person and as a mayor over the past couple of years. I think Chris Pippenger has a long learning curve - and a huge dose of reality - coming. I wish him well. I suspect Don, being the decent man I know him to be, will, in the end, come to see this loss as a blessing in disguise.

Frankfort is a city of 18000 or so and the county seat for Clinton county; 2869 people came out to vote in the mayoral election.

****

Politics is a much different animal when it becomes personal. I wouldn't be caught dead voting for a national Democrat and have only reluctantly pulled the lever for the occasional Republican. I have pulled the lever for both parties in races where I have personally known the candidates I voted for to be men of quality and honor. I've never had the chance to cast a vote for Don Stock. I would have been more than pleased to do so.

Even if he was a damned Republicrat.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]