Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 

Busy, busy, busy...

****
Here it is October and the heat wave is officially over - 90 one day and 45 the next will certainly shock the system. As a motorcyclist, I find that I am keenly aware of weather changes. This one was a real awakening.

My knit cap blew off on the road south this morning and on the return trip my noggin was thoroughly chilled. The leather jacket and gloves did the trick, but I'm going to have to break down and have Omar make me some chaps. Two cowhides oughtta do the trick...

I've spent the last six weekends actually doing something for a change. Labor Day was spent on the beach and dunes at Ludington State Park - my favorite vacation spot. Hiking, camping and swimming in Lake Michigan is about as close to heaven as you can get here in the Midwest.

Three home games at Indiana University in Bloomington - possibly the best campus in the country to watch a football game. The scenery on the ride down is spectacular and the setting for the stadium is gorgeous. IU is 5-1 on the season so far - Go Hoosiers!

The wife's birthday was September 17th. We didn't do anything special; I just got her a card and had flowers delivered to her office and made plans for the following weekend. Come Saturday, we attended the IU-Illinois game at noon, then left for some shopping at St. Meinrad and finally dinner in Jasper at our favorite restaurant, Schnitzelbank for beer and schnitzel and goulash and brats and knocks and sauerbraten...the sampler plate is to die for. Almost literally. I didn't think I was going to make it up the hill to our parking spot.

****

I splurged and bought a YMCA membership for me and the missus. Now I spend an hour a day in the pool swimming laps. I love it. Swimming is more relaxing than any other exercise, and since harpoons aren't generally allowed in indoor pools, I feel safer than at the beach. Of course, I also get to spend an hour on the bike going to and from the Y...

Life is good.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]