Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

My resolve to post once a day has gone by the wayside.

I spend way too much time goofing off on other peoples' blogs and forums.

Oh, well...

I got to babysit grandkid's 1, 4 and 5 last night. Wife helped, of course, mainly by keeping #1 occupied while I handled #'s 4 & 5. Wouldn't have had it any other way.

Kept young Kiera in diapers and formula - she's so tiny! - and saw to it that Andrew was fed and happy. Babysitting is much less work and a lot more fun than I let on.

Don't get me wrong - by the time Mom (that would be DiL) got home, kiera was more than happy to have an actual nurturer caring for her. I am a competent parent, but I ain't a MOM.

***



I'm going to give Indilimich another go. I found a region where the kids - and they do seem to be mostly kids - are more active. Don't know how long it will last, but it has to be better than than the region I just vacated.

***



I'm having a hard time getting fired up lately. I spend much of my energy sifting through old stuff (music, movies, etc.) looking for God knows what. Normally when I go through these phases, I get a burst of energy and take off in a different direction in some part of my life.

I'm thinking of a)changing jobs and/or b)going back to school to finish another degree.

Stay tuned.

If you are an amateur analyst, feel free to offer your services.

For free, of course.

At least then I'll be sure to get my money's worth.

I've been told that "you get what you pay for." It's a damned lie of course. Usually, you get far less.

***



It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud


I've always been a fan, but the older I get, the more I appreciate David Gilmour.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]