Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Yet another update! Oh happy day!

Preparing for my trip to Acton University (Grand Rapids) on Monday by reading On the Hundredth Anniversary of Rerum Novarum (Condition of Labor) written by John Paul II (1991)

That and other essays with really fun titles like:

I, Pencil (Read)

Truth as the Ground of Freedom (Dulles)

Subsidiarity, Society, and Entitlements: Understanding and Aplication (Sirico)

and the ever popular The Law (Bastiat)

Don't get me wrong. I love this stuff. I spend amazing amounts of time stuffing this kind of crap into my noggin.

In fact, the other day I swear I strained a synapse or something. I babbled or typed stream-of-consciousness style for about a week. I'm afraid someday my wife is going to find me sitting in a pile of my own excrement and babbling incoherently about Quality.*

Or not. I'm probably not smart enough to be truly nuts.

Watched Collateral: or The Philosophy of Sociopathy, by Vincent last night.

Dang. There I go again.

Anyway -

Four twelve hour days sitting through seminars on economics and liberty, Catholic style.

(Yes, I'd like a heapin' helpin' of Aquinas, and a side of Jon Paul II with just a dash of Cicero, please! Could I have wine with that?) Oh, please, these guys are Catholics. Surely there'll be alcoholic beverages, at least with dinner!

Sounds like I'm not looking forward to this doesn't it?

Well, guess what. I am.

Next weekend, after the conference and my sister-in-law's wedding, I spend on the beach, probably in South Haven.

*If you get the reference, you're one of my kind and we'd get along just fine. If you're female, I just might propose. I'm thinking of taking up polygamy. Now all I have to do is convince my wife. And the Pope.

I'm fat, furry and fifty-ish. I like kids and don't wish to be bothered with any more pets than I already have. I have a cat. His name is "cat." He is semi-feral, although I've had him neutered and he's had his shots. No litter box; he is housebroken and even grumpier than I am.

I tend to be grumpy, although I'm not abusive.

Prospective second wives should keep the above in mind.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]