Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Calapari?



It's Monday....

I'm waiting on parts to finish up my Honda. I've got to get through today and tomorrow. Wednesday thru Friday I'll be in class in Indy.

According to the Bloomington Herald-Times...

Indiana is negotiating with current Memphis coach John Calipari. Now that would be a coup for Rick Greenspan! Possibly just another hot rumor-of-the-day - kinda like Few last week- so I refuse to call it a done deal. I still like Wittman over any of the other candidates mentioned as finalists (Crean being the other) and the only reason not to go with Wittman over Calipari is the instant muscle that Calipari brings to the program.

Wittman gets us there eventually, I think. But Calipari...

I'd be thrilled with Wittman, and maybe he's the better long term choice. I'd be ecstatic with Calipari.

We'll see.

Go George Mason!

I'm a fan until they either lose or win it all. What a story - even better than (then) 11 seed LSU because of the disparity in conferences.

College basketball needs a George Mason win. This has been the most compelling tourney in years precisely because more of the usual suspects are in the NIT than usual.

I hope the NCAA continues to reward the Mid-Majors with more spots.

Officiating sucks this year!

This has been - across the board - the worst officiated NCAA Tourney I think I've ever seen. The UCLA - Memphis game was horrible. I tuned in to watch basketball, not hockey on hardwood. The BC - Villanova game was miserably called too. Inconsistent would be a nice word for it.

The NCAA needs to look at officiating and clean it up some.

500,000 illegals and their supporters...

marched in LA. We should have herded them south to the border and closed the gate behind them.

My kids are all 1/2 Mexican. (Do the math - either "x" or "y" is Latino. See pic in profile and take a guess as to which.) I am not a xenophope, and I'm all for immigration. My grandfather was an immigrant.

Legal immigration. Documented guest workers. Controlled borders.

I'm a Catholic. I take the Church's stance to be that these are human beings and need to be treated as such and I agree totally. They are also illegal immigrants and need to be treated as such under the law.

The companies that hire them need to be prosecuted as well.

Constitution Party

I am a libertarian. At least, my default position on virtually any issue is libertarian. Politically, I'm an agnostic. I belong to no party. I used to be a card-carrying Libertarian, but parted ways with the party.

Democrats are just nuts. How you could take any party seriously that takes Nancy Pelosi seriously is beyond me.

Republicans are delusional. 30 years ago, Bush would have been a Democrat.

Libertarians are generally batty. Their candidates tend to be loons, particularly in the lower offices.

I wouldn't vote for a Democrat ever; a Republican VERY rarely; a Libertarian mainly for comic relief.

I like a lot of what I see as a check out the Constitution Party. I try to take voting seriously - really I do - but a vote for any of the other parties has been worse than a waste of time.

I may just sit out the next election unless something changes pronto.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]